Anomaly-Based Host Intrusion Detection System (HIDS)
Host-based intrusion detection overcomes the limitations of network intrusion detection systems
Anomaly Intrusion Detection and Security at the Host Layer
The security of your workloads depends on how well your host-based intrusion detection system identifies insider attacks that otherwise wouldn’t be caught inside network traffic, and how well you can investigate an infected host or application based on the data available.
- Organizations need to strengthen their cloud security with an anomaly-based host intrusion detection system that operates at the host-level. Lacework collects data at the host-level, empowering security teams to accurately and effectively detect insider attacks that otherwise would not be identified in network traffic.
- Instead of just relying on the same signatures and rules that hackers are very aware of, Lacework’s host-based intrusion detection system (HIDS) to identify any activity happening across all cloud workloads and accounts. Our host-based intrusion detection overcomes the limitations of network intrusion detection systems that are traditionally used in enterprise data centers and non-cloud-based infrastructures. These legacy approaches focused on ingress and egress traffic on an enterprise’s network. In order to address the constantly changing nature of cloud and containerized environments, and far more comprehensive solution is required. A streamlined investigation process with context at your fingertips will help you quickly understand what happened to an infected host or application based on the data that has been collected.
Get Actionable, Easy to Navigate Information About Every Incident
- Visualize interactions and communications between cloud entities
- Review incidents at any level of detail
- Integrate information from third-party threat databases
- Quickly find related events anywhere they occur across your cloud
Take Advantage of Comprehensive Data Collection
- Capture data continuously and automatically
- Record available telemetry from every cloud process
- Support compliance efforts with comprehensive metrics
- Integrate Lacework data with technology partners like DataDog, New Relic, and Snowflake
Receive Accurate Alerts with Rich Context
- Gain visibility and context into activities and events which are organized into behaviors
- Minimize alert noise while improving fidelity with aggregation, risk scoring, and customization
- Quickly investigate alerts within a few clicks with relevant links and additional context
What Our Customers Say
- “[We] got rid of a lot of tools and the need to log into multiple interfaces…forget that mess!!! Hundreds of false positives before are now down to one and two things we need to pay attention to because of Lacework. Tracking down alerts was taking 50 percent of the Engineering / DevOps team’s time to triage and [make] changes. Now they get one to two per day, log on in the morning, check the few alerts and go about their day.”
- “A second set of eyes when it comes to security. With the growth of instances and containers, it is difficult to monitor and review every log or activity. By using Lacework, we’ve been able to use the Lacework AI to net down patterns, violations, and compliance activity all in a single dashboard saving time and resources. More importantly, historical charts and reports are extremely helpful for audits to demonstrate alerting, notification and review.”
- “Lacework Polygraph, within minutes of the attack occurring, was able to detect something that the other ones were not. It outperformed everything we’ve been doing.”
- “I’m extremely happy with Lacework. I sleep better at night knowing we have full visibility into our cloud operations. It was the one tool that checked all my security boxes.”
- “Lacework offers us speed and offers us the ability to focus on what we do in terms of building a great product that’s secure. I would definitely recommend it to other IT professionals or product companies that are building a cloud-based application.”
FAQs About Lacework's Host-based Intrusion Detection System
Lacework’s host-based intrusion detection system monitors all incoming and outgoing network connections, along with all running processes. By utilizing machine learning behavioral modeling and threat feeds, Lacework excels at identifying intrusions on a host.
Yes, Lacework’s HIDS solution ingests threat feeds to identify malicious IPs communicating with your resources, as well as any of your resources communicating with bad IPs or domains. Additionally, Lacework takes hashes of your files to identify any known malicious files that exist within your environment.
Yes, Lacework uses machine learning to automatically build baselines off the normal activity within your cloud environment. As new activities occur, Lacework’s HIDS uses machine learning to identify and prioritize this new activity.
Lacework reviews how all of your processes are communicating to other processes over the network. Lacework will automatically alert you to anomalous behavior from activities such as one host communicating to another host, or even a container communicating with another container in your environment for the first time.
Lacework’s host-based intrusion detection system automatically correlates activity and critical information into an event dossier. This is a single pane of glass that correlates critical information for an incident response such as source, process data, and even command-line arguments. This helps IR teams by not needing to manually collect and correlate this information when responding to an incident.
Lacework’s HIDS supports the ability to send alerts through outbound integrations with common platforms. You can receive Lacework alerts without altering your current workflow as your team monitors your SIEM feed.
When working to meet compliance measures, a common requirement is an intrusion detection solution. Lacework’s host-based intrusion detection system for workloads operates at the host level. Using machine learning, Lacework detects anomalies and alerts on potential intrusions. This allows you to use Lacework as a control to meet intrusion detection system requirements.
Account security solutions for cloud containers & multicloud
environments via a single unified console