Anomaly-Based Host Intrusion Detection System (HIDS)
Host-based intrusion detection overcomes the limitations of network intrusion detection systems
Anomaly Intrusion Detection and Security at the Host Layer
The security of your workloads depends on how well your host-based intrusion detection system identifies insider attacks that otherwise won’t be caught inside network traffic, and how well you can investigate an infected host or application based on the data that has been collected.
Organizations need to strengthen their cloud security with an anomaly-based host intrusion detection system that operates at the host-level. Lacework collects data at the host-level, empowering security teams to more accurately and effectively detect insider attacks that otherwise would not be identified in network traffic. Some of the advantages to the Lacework platform include:
- Instead of just relying on the same signatures and rules that hackers already know about, our host-based intrusion detection system (HIDS) operates far beyond the limitations of a network-based intrusion detection system to identify any activity happening across all cloud workloads and accounts.
- Our host-based intrusion detection overcomes the limitations of network intrusion detection systems that are traditionally used in an enterprise data center or non-cloud-based infrastructure. These legacy approaches focused on ingress and egress traffic on an enterprise’s network. But to address the constantly changing nature of cloud and containerized environments, a new, agile, and far more comprehensive solution is required.
- A streamlined investigation process with context at your fingertips to help you quickly understand what happened to an infected host or application based on the data that has been collected.
Get Actionable, Easy to Navigate Information About Every Incident
- Visualize interactions and communications between cloud entities
- Review incidents at any level of detail
- Integrate information from third-party threat databases
- Quickly find related events anywhere they occur across your cloud
Take Advantage of Comprehensive Data Collection
- Data capture is continuous and automatic
- Record available telemetry from every cloud process
- Support compliance efforts with comprehensive metrics
- Integrate Lacework data with technology partners like DataDog, New Relic, and Snowflake
Receive Accurate Alerts with Rich Context
- Activities and events organized into behaviors provide visibility and context
- Aggregation, risk scoring, and customization all work to minimize alert noise while improving fidelity
- Links and additional information make it easy to get to the bottom of each alert with just a few clicks
What Our Customers Say
- “My argument with InfoSec is always the same. If I take Lacework out, what’s the alternative? There isn’t one.”
- “Lacework Polygraph, within minutes of the attack occurring, was able to detect something that the other ones were not. It outperformed everything we’ve been doing.”
- “I’m extremely happy with Lacework. I sleep better at night knowing we have full visibility into our cloud operations. It was the one tool that checked all my security boxes.”
- “Lacework offers us speed and offers us the ability to focus on what we do in terms of building a great product that’s secure. I would definitely recommend it to other IT professionals or product companies that are building a cloud-based application.”
FAQs About Lacework's Host-based Intrusion Detection System
Lacework’s host-based intrusion detection system monitors all incoming and outgoing network connections, along with all running processes. By utilizing machine learning behavioral modeling and threat feeds, Lacework excels at identifying intrusions on a host.
Yes, Lacework’s HIDS solution ingests threat feeds to identify malicious IPs communicating with your resources, as well as any of your resources communicating with bad IPs or domains. Additionally, Lacework takes hashes of your files to identify any known malicious files that exist within your environment.
Yes, Lacework uses machine learning to automatically build baselines off the normal activity within your cloud environment. As new activities occur, Lacework’s HIDS is able to use machine learning to identify and prioritize this new activity.
Lacework reviews how all of your processes are communicating to other processes over the network. Lacework will automatically alert you to anomalous behavior from activities such as one host communicating to another host, or even a container communicating with another container in your environment for the first time.
Lacework’s host-based intrusion detection system automatically correlates activity and critical information into an event dossier. This is a single pane of glass that correlates critical information for an incident response such as source, process data, and even command-line arguments. This helps IR teams by not needing to manually collect and correlate this information when responding to an incident.
Lacework’s HIDS supports the ability to send alerts through outbound integrations to common platforms. This allows you to receive Lacework alerts without altering your current workflow as your team monitors your SIEM feed.
When working to meet compliance measures, a common requirement is an intrusion detection solution. Lacework’s host-based intrusion detection system for workloads operates at the host level. Using machine learning, Lacework detects anomalies and alerts on potential intrusions. This allows you to use Lacework as a control to meet intrusion detection system requirements.
Account security solutions for cloud containers & multicloud
environments via a single unified console