Securing healthcare, HIPAA, and beyond: Cybersecurity insights from CISO Bill Dougherty
Is HIPAA a healthcare CISO’s best friend or worst nightmare?
This episode of Code to Cloud features an interview with Bill Dougherty, CISO at Omada Health, a virtual-first, integrated care provider combining the latest clinical protocols with breakthrough behavior science to make it possible for people with chronic conditions to achieve long-term improvements in their health. Bill brings with him over 25 years of experience in IT and security at such companies as RagingWire, StubHub and Copart. Tune in to hear Bill and host Tim Chase discuss:
- The ins and outs of threat modeling
- The cybersecurity basics every security leader should revisit
- Why every IT or security leader should have another expertise within the business
- How do regulations pave the way for crucial investments in security?
- What’s the hardest part about securing patient data?
- How does Bill tackle the challenges of #HIPAA?
- What is the “INCLUDES NO DIRT” threat model?
Listen and subscribe to Code to Cloud
Join us every other week on your go-to cloud security podcast, Code to Cloud, to hear from influential security leaders about how they’re tackling the latest cloud security trends and opportunities.
- Subscribe to Code to Cloud on Apple Podcasts and Spotify
- Connect with Bill on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Omada Health
- Read more about the INCLUDES NO DIRT threat model
About Bill: William Dougherty is the CISO for Omada Health and the co-author of the INCLUDES NO DIRT threat model. Dougherty brings over 25 years of experience in IT and security at such companies as RagingWire, StubHub and Copart.