Cloud Workload Security Solutions
Get deep visibility into all processes and applications within your container and cloud workload environments, all without any rule writing
Visibility and Analysis for Container and Cloud Workloads
Lacework’s cloud workload security platform provides visibility to all processes and applications within an organization’s cloud workloads and container environments. The breadth and depth of workload visibility provided by Lacework helps security teams detect vulnerabilities and then utilize our machine learning analysis to identify anomalous behavior that poses threats.
Traditional security solutions rely on network logs and the firewall rules to identify potential risks, but those approaches require manual effort, and cannot keep pace with the speed of modern cloud deployment methodologies. Lacework was built specifically to deliver contextual data about cloud events; every update, configuration change, access point, and a million other activities that might represent potential threats.
We track all machine/process communications, the users associated with those processes, and the amount of data that was transferred between processes during a given time. This deep level of detail allows teams to save time on their investigations because all the relevant information is on one workload security platform.
Automated Workload Intrusion Detection
Lacework’s cloud workload protection security platform is fully automated with no rule-writing required. Using sophisticated machine learning, our workload security platform learns what constitutes normal behavior versus those that indicate potentially malicious activity. Examples of such anomalous activities are when a user launches a new unknown application, when an application connects to a suspicious endpoint, or when privileges are unexpectedly escalated. When Lacework identifies a potential threat, a contextual alert is generated with relevant data to allow users to investigate and triage the issue within your cloud workload environment.
Lacework’s Automated Cloud Workload Security Approach Provides the Following Benefits:
- No Missed Events: Lacework will always alert you on new activity so that you are given a chance to investigate any behavior within your workload environment that could potentially be malicious.
- Low Alert Noise: Lacework will only alert you on what is new or anomalous, preventing alert fatigue within your organization.
- Simple Operations & Maintenance: Automated workload detection means no writing and maintaining error-prone rules. With Lacework you will not need to constantly maintain rules, allowing you to focus on securing your environment.
Cloud Workload Protection at Scale & The Speed of Business
The modern cloud infrastructure allows organizations to deploy, scale, and configure their infrastructure faster than ever. The ability to automate and operate at DevOps speed poses a challenge to traditional security approaches. Lacework’s approach is to automate workload security with the detection of threats and anomalies and provide human-understandable investigative insights. Lacework’s cloud workload security solution supports public clouds AWS, GCP, Azure and supports computer hosts and containers.
What Our Customers Say
- “[We] got rid of a lot of tools and the need to log into multiple interfaces…forget that mess!!! Hundreds of false positives before are now down to one and two things we need to pay attention to because of Lacework. Tracking down alerts was taking 50 percent of the Engineering / DevOps team’s time to triage and [make] changes. Now they get one to two per day, log on in the morning, check the few alerts and go about their day.”
- “A second set of eyes when it comes to security. With the growth of instances and containers, it is difficult to monitor and review every log or activity. By using Lacework, we’ve been able to use the Lacework AI to net down patterns, violations, and compliance activity all in a single dashboard saving time and resources. More importantly, historical charts and reports are extremely helpful for audits to demonstrate alerting, notification and review.”
- “Lacework Polygraph, within minutes of the attack occurring, was able to detect something that the other ones were not. It outperformed everything we’ve been doing.”
- “I’m extremely happy with Lacework. I sleep better at night knowing we have full visibility into our cloud operations. It was the one tool that checked all my security boxes.”
- “Lacework offers us speed and offers us the ability to focus on what we do in terms of building a great product that’s secure. I would definitely recommend it to other IT professionals or product companies that are building a cloud-based application.”
FAQs About Lacework's Cloud Workload Security Solutions
Lacework’s workload security module records all network and process activity throughout the container’s lifecycle, providing visibility and valuable behavioral insights.
The Lacework cloud workload security platform continuously compares all process communication with its knowledge of all previous activity to determine both meaningful changes to nominal behavior, and to identify any known bad IPs and Domain Names using a variety of curated threat intelligence sources.
Lacework’s cloud workload security platform supports all application workloads running on all major flavors of Linux, whether deployed as bare-metal, virtual machines or containers.
The Lacework Workload Security Module runs as a privileged (root) process and therefore has complete visibility into process activity on all other containers as well as on the host operating environment (Linux).
Yes, the Lacework Workload Security Module can be deployed on any Linux host regardless of physical location so you can monitor and help detect malicious or otherwise anomalous behavior for both public and private cloud workloads. The only requirement is that the Lacework Module has permission to communicate for TCP/IP with the Lacework Cloud Platform.
Account security solutions for cloud containers & multicloud
environments via a single unified console