Consolidate Multiple Security Tools
Streamline Your Security Stack and Drive Cost Savings
Point Solutions and the Rise of Cost, Complexity, and False Alarms
Does your organization have one too many security tools? According to a recent survey by Dimension Research, 98% of organizations manage their security products with multiple consoles, creating visibility silos while 69% agree that prioritizing vendor consolidation would lead to better security. A typical security stack utilizes 25 security tools or more. Although each security tool fulfills a specific and important use case and promises to detect new threat vectors, this “tool sprawl” actually ends up leaving organizations more vulnerable. Here’s why:
- Understanding what is important is difficult when investigating multiple alerts from dozens of security tools
- Integrating multiple tools is time consuming and rarely works out as intended—plus it adds complexity when building automated CI/CD processes
- Learning and maintaining multiple tools causes drain and friction on already stretched security teams
- Managing unknown and ever-increasing budgets resulting from multiple vendors leads to difficulting budgeting
- Layering tools in a complex security environment can lead to hidden gaps in coverage that leave an organization vulnerable to attack
The average organization runs between 25 to 49 security tools from up to 10 different vendors.
Read the report from ESG Global
Tame the Complexity with a Modern Platform Approach
Many organizations are breaking away from this cobbled together and outdated method, and are turning to Lacework for a modern cloud security platform approach. With Lacework, customers can replace up to nine security point tools and unleash new levels of visibility, cost savings, and unprecedented operational efficiencies.
- Consolidate outdated, noisy and expensive point solutions with the Lacework Cloud Security Platform
- Leverage one platform to achieve multiple use cases: vulnerability detection, intrusion detection, container security, file integrity monitoring, log analysis, compliance, and more
- Rely on a single pane of glass user interface to stop threats to your cloud from multiple vectors
- Get up and running in minutes, hassle-free, with read-only access from our side
On average, Lacework customers consolidate 4 legacy security tools
Looking to ease your compliance efforts? Lacework easily allows you to track (from a single console) against industry standards and compliance mandates like: PCI, HIPAA, SOC2, CCPA, GDPR, and more.
Eliminate Blind Spots and Quickly Respond to Threats
Leveraging multiple tools inevitably leads to blind spots. The flood of alerts point tools produce makes it impossible to investigate them all. Most tools require complex sets of rules, policies, and suppressions to reduce alert noise and false positives allowing the true threats to go undetected. With Lacework, you gain complete visibility into all of your cloud assets, understand what vulnerabilities actually leave you vulnerable, and detect the behaviors that are unusual and threatening to your specific environment.
- Reduce hundreds of security alerts to fewer than five per day
- Gain new levels of visibility across your entire cloud environment (single cloud, multi-cloud, or hybrid)
- Recognize the real threats and vulnerabilities that leave you susceptible to attack
- Leverage behavior-based anomaly detection and eliminate the need to write and maintain rules and suppressions across multiple tools
- Quickly investigate the why, what, and when of anomalous security events so you can efficiently and effectively respond
Lacework is always on top of the latest threats, so you don’t have to be. We cull hundreds of vulnerabilities, malware, public security flaws, and exploits, and couple them with threat intelligence and cutting edge research, to provide you always up-to-date, always-on, cloud coverage.
Drive Cost Savings and Unlock Revenue
Consolidating multiple tools and turning to the Lacework platform has significant financial benefit in both cost savings and revenue opportunities. Throughout the buying process, customers work with our value realization team to determine the financial impact your organization will realize. Our customers regularly find that they save hundreds of thousands of dollars in tool consolidation costs per year. Plus, consolidating multiple contracts to a single vendor provides economies of scale and simplifies your contracting and procurement processes.
Lacework customers regularly realize between $200,000 – $500,000 per year in tool consolidation savings
Security That Supports Speed and Continuous Innovation
Lacework is a complete, modern security platform that has been designed specifically to meet the challenges of public cloud environments in both build-time and run-time operations. Our customers take advantage of a security-first model that enables continuous visibility, automation, and the ability to move fast. With Lacework, developers can build securely and ship code quickly to unlock business innovation and growth.
What Our Customers Say
- “[We] got rid of a lot of tools and the need to log into multiple interfaces…forget that mess!!! Hundreds of false positives before are now down to one and two things we need to pay attention to because of Lacework. Tracking down alerts was taking 50 percent of the Engineering / DevOps team’s time to triage and [make] changes. Now they get one to two per day, log on in the morning, check the few alerts and go about their day.”
- “A second set of eyes when it comes to security. With the growth of instances and containers, it is difficult to monitor and review every log or activity. By using Lacework, we’ve been able to use the Lacework AI to net down patterns, violations, and compliance activity all in a single dashboard saving time and resources. More importantly, historical charts and reports are extremely helpful for audits to demonstrate alerting, notification and review.”
- “Lacework Polygraph, within minutes of the attack occurring, was able to detect something that the other ones were not. It outperformed everything we’ve been doing.”
- “I’m extremely happy with Lacework. I sleep better at night knowing we have full visibility into our cloud operations. It was the one tool that checked all my security boxes.”
- “Lacework offers us speed and offers us the ability to focus on what we do in terms of building a great product that’s secure. I would definitely recommend it to other IT professionals or product companies that are building a cloud-based application.”
FAQs About Lacework's Configuration Compliance Solution
Lacework uses best practice checks including CIS benchmarks to evaluate security relevant configurations in Amazon AWS, Google GCP, and Microsoft Azure.
Lacework has mappings to PCI, HIPAA, SOC 2, and NIST 800-53 Rev 4.
Lacework supports continuous monitoring of your configurations in your cloud accounts. As configurations drift from best practices, they are detected and an alert is generated. These alerts can be configured to be sent to many of the common alert tools such as Slack, Splunk, Pagerduty, etc.
Lacework has checks for AWS, Azure, and GCP. Lacework provides a single platform that can can support compliance efforts without the need for deploying multiple tools for each cloud provider.
Lacework performs configuration checks based on industry accepted best practices such as CIS. Lacework will then supply reports listing all resources that are in violation, which support remediation efforts. These reports can then be provided to auditors to act as evidence of meeting compliance requirements.
Account security solutions for cloud containers & multicloud
environments via a single unified console