Buildtime Threat Defense for Cloud Containers & Workloads
Identify vulnerabilities across your containers and workloads prior to deployment with a host-based configuration and compliance solution
Visibility and Analysis for Cloud and Container Workloads
Lacework provides buildtime insight that empowers development teams and helps identify vulnerabilities across the entire scope of their cloud and containerized environments. This includes identifying security and compliance issues with serverless resources, applications, networks, file systems, APIs, processes, and other elements that could increase the threat vector of an organization’s infrastructure. With an emphasis on events happening at runtime, organizations can identify issues before they spread within their cloud or container environment.
Identifying Risks at Buildtime to Address Security Early in the SDLC
Lacework’s approach uses automation and unsupervised machine learning. Security teams are able to deploy the Lacework agent across multiple cloud platforms, within application orchestration environments like Docker and Kubernetes, and even in hybrid workloads. As a SaaS service, organizations are able to review historical event data across their infrastructure to understand where vulnerabilities are present and address areas of risk.
In a rapidly changing deployment environment, traditional security rules are stale as soon as they are deployed and new attacks are missed because they require someone to write the appropriate rule. Lacework’s automated approach provides the following benefits:
- No Missed Events: Lacework will always alert you on new activity so that you are given a chance to investigate any behavior within your environment that could potentially be malicious.
- Low Alert Noise: Lacework will only alert you on what is new or anomalous, preventing alert fatigue within your organization.
- Simple Operations & Maintenance: Automated workload detection means no writing and maintaining error-prone rules. With Lacework you will not need to constantly maintain rules, allowing you to focus on securing your environment.
Cloud Security at Scale & at the Speed of Business
The modern cloud infrastructure allows organizations to deploy, scale, and configure their infrastructure faster than ever. The ability to automate and operate at DevOps speed poses a challenge to traditional security approaches. Lacework’s approach to runtime threat defense is to automate the detection of threats and anomalies and provide human-understandable investigative insights. Lacework supports threat defense for public clouds AWS, GCP, Azure, and supports computer hosts and containers.
The Power of Polygraph
Lacework’s foundation is Polygraph, a deep temporal baseline, which we present to users as a set of behavioral maps or “Polygraphs.” With the complexity and volume of a modern data center, Polygraph employs a baseline, zero-touch approach without leaving any blank spaces where attackers can hide.
What Our Customers Say
- “[We] got rid of a lot of tools and the need to log into multiple interfaces…forget that mess!!! Hundreds of false positives before are now down to one and two things we need to pay attention to because of Lacework. Tracking down alerts was taking 50 percent of the Engineering / DevOps team’s time to triage and [make] changes. Now they get one to two per day, log on in the morning, check the few alerts and go about their day.”
- “A second set of eyes when it comes to security. With the growth of instances and containers, it is difficult to monitor and review every log or activity. By using Lacework, we’ve been able to use the Lacework AI to net down patterns, violations, and compliance activity all in a single dashboard saving time and resources. More importantly, historical charts and reports are extremely helpful for audits to demonstrate alerting, notification and review.”
- “Lacework Polygraph, within minutes of the attack occurring, was able to detect something that the other ones were not. It outperformed everything we’ve been doing.”
- “I’m extremely happy with Lacework. I sleep better at night knowing we have full visibility into our cloud operations. It was the one tool that checked all my security boxes.”
- “Lacework offers us speed and offers us the ability to focus on what we do in terms of building a great product that’s secure. I would definitely recommend it to other IT professionals or product companies that are building a cloud-based application.”
Account security solutions for cloud containers & multicloud
environments via a single unified console