Security as a Business Enabler
Security Solutions That Help Get to the Truth of the Matter Quickly with Full Context
Get ahead of the security game with easy to understand, actionable vulnerability lists and data-driven insights on how to address them. Compliance concerns? Yeah, we got that.
Network, storage, and compute resources must be in constant flux to adapt to business needs. At the same time, security roles are responsible for defining the functions that different users have within an ever-changing cloud. Lacework uses behavioral analytics to map activities, events, and behavior across your cloud environments to detect anomalies and potential threats, helping security professionals understand and protect their environments in the process.
By observing changes and deviations in your containers, workloads, and cloud environments as they occur, Lacework provides high-fidelity alerts when anomalous activity is detected.
With Lacework, security professionals, analysts, and investigators can quickly see:
- The users, machines, and applications involved in an incident as well as the accounts, applications, or machines that were ‘patient zero’
- The activities of entities involved in incidents compared to their peers
- Alerts and risk scores related to specific incidents
- The Polygraph® view for alerts and incidents
Cloud Security Informed By Big Data Analytics
PPublic clouds enable enterprises to implement infrastructure-as-code, which allows them to rapidly develop, test, and deploy services at scale. While this agility and flexibility provides many business and technological benefits, the cloud is also more susceptible to new forms of threats and cyberattacks. Unfortunately, legacy security solutions are ill-equipped to handle these unique vulnerabilities, creating a need for new security tools.
Lacework takes a completely different approach to anomaly detection by collecting process, network, file, and user data to form a base model of normal infrastructure behavior. We then use sophisticated analytics and machine learning techniques to detect anomalies which may indicate ongoing threats.
The Lacework anomaly detection system can also be fine-tuned to reduce false positives, limiting noise and preventing alert fatigue.
Cloud Security Thanks to the Power of Polygraph®
Lacework’s foundation is Polygraph, a deep temporal baseline that develops a dynamic behavioral and communication model of your services and infrastructure. The model understands natural hierarchies for processes, containers, pods, and machines and aggregates them to develop behavioral models.
A behavioral model is in some sense the essence of how a customer’s infrastructure operates. With this model, Polygraph monitors your infrastructure for activities that fall outside the model, continually updating its models as your data center behavior changes. With the Polygraph organizations can:
- Pinpoint exactly how a file changed, detecting changes in content, metadata and whether the file was modified or simply appended.
- Extend information on executables, such as files created without a package installation, command lines used at launch, currently running processes (with users and network activity), and suspect versions
- Expand file intelligence with integrated threat feeds from ReversingLabs’ library of five billion files
- Scale their architecture with no added complexity or performance penalties
- Protect log and configuration files against tampProtect log and configuration files against tampering
Detect and resolve anomalous changes in behavior across your workloads, containers, and IaaS accounts that represent a security risk or an IOC with Lacework’s comprehensive anomaly detection system for enterprise DevOps teams.
Brilliant DevOps and Security Minds Usually Have These Questions:
Lacework’s Kubernetes security solution allows you to go back in time and look at all related events across your Kubernetes infrastructure that may have caused a breach or exposed you to an unknown risk.