AWS Security Solutions for Amazon Web Services
Be the envy of the AWS security community with comprehensive, continuous end-to-end AWS security and configuration support.
Threat Detection, Compliance, and Automated Monitoring for AWS and Multicloud Environments
AWS users feel the security pinch. The burden of keeping your cloud safe requires more than signatures and custom rules — every activity in the cloud environment drives potential threats, and AWS users need solutions that go beyond identifying changes to describing the security context and implications of changes.
Lacework delivers comprehensive and continuous end-to-end AWS security and configuration support for both workloads and accounts running in Amazon and multi-cloud environments. The cloud is not going away, and neither is the need for a single, unified security solution. Lacework relieves your security pinch by identifying, analyzing, and reporting all misconfigurations, vulnerabilities, and behavioral anomalies. Protect assets deployed on AWS, from the initial configuration to everyday operations by:
- Ensuring only users with multi-factor authentication delete S3 buckets
- Validating that data is not inadvertently exposed to unauthorized users
- Monitoring for encryption at rest and in transit
- Versioning that protects against deletion or overwrites
- Context-aware recommendations to help prioritize and fix violations
Not Your Average Threat Protection
Lacework monitors all AWS events and configurations, including activities and behaviors of cloud entities, to detect anomalies indicative of misconfigurations, human error, and malicious activity.
- Identify escalation of privileges, lateral movement, and misuse of AWS resources early on so that breaches can be stopped quickly.The Lacework platform identifies escalation of privileges, lateral movement, and misuse of AWS resources early on so that breaches can be stopped quickly. Our intuitive dashboard lists cloud risks and threats, ranks them by severity. Furthermore, it is compatible with common modern ticketing platforms like Slack channel and Jira. Lacework also integrates with PagerDuty to integrate notifications and alerts into your current workflows.
Security and Compliance for Any AWS Configuration
Lacework’s AWS security platform automatically validates all configurations against the controls established as best practices for securing your cloud environment. Our interactive reports deliver insights into “passed or failed” controls with recommendations on how to fix out-of-compliance configuration components.
Similar reports are available for additional security controls specific to AWS resources. Lacework also ensures continuous compliance in AWS by auditing your configuration daily and alerting you of any change in your compliance posture.
Continuous Monitoring Made Simple
As AWS environments continuously adapt to new users, services, and resources, the corresponding security landscape changes in a dynamic way. We make it easy for you to get an accurate assessment of your AWS accounts and multi-cloud workloads by providing a single, comprehensive AWS security solution that captures, analyzes, and reports on all cloud activity. With Lacework, you’ll never be left in the dark again.
The Power of the Polygraph
Our foundation is based on our patented Polygraph technology, a context-rich baseline built from collecting high-fidelity machine, process, and user interactions over time. This technology dynamically develops a behavioral and communication model of your services and infrastructure that understands natural hierarchies (processes, containers, pods, machines, etc.) and aggregates them to develop behavioral models at scale. Together with a behavioral model, the Lacework Polygraph monitors your infrastructure for activities that fall outside the model and dynamically updates as behaviors change over time.
Using this information, the Polygraph detects anomalies and generates high-fidelity alerts appropriate to your unique environment. Polygraph maps the truth of your cloud instance and helps users quickly visualize the ‘who, what, where, and how far’ of an event. speed investigation, and triage issues saving organizations time and money.
Lacework Polygraph uses deviation from a temporal baseline to detect deviations and changes in the behavior. This virtually eliminates false positives and produces truly meaningful alerts that indicate an undesired change, misconfiguration, or malicious activity. The Lacework Polygraph then scores the alerts based on severity and threat so you can prioritize your efforts.
Lacework Polygraph breach detection is more precise and accurate because of key technology innovations including:
- Capturing behavior at process/container-level
- Separating interactive and non-interactive traffic
- Alert generation at the analysis group-level
- Advanced deductive analysis that does not rely on heuristics
Robust AWS Configuration Audit
What Makes Our AWS Security Solution a No-brainer
Lacework provides comprehensive, continuous end-to-end security and configuration support for workloads and accounts running in Amazon Web Services. For all AWS events and configurations, Lacework monitors activities and behaviors of cloud entities beyond network traffic to detect anomalies indicative of a misconfiguration, a human error, malicious activity, or a threat. Lacework enables security and development teams to identify escalation of privileges, lateral movement, misuse of AWS resources early on so that breaches can be stopped early.
- Find Identity and Access Management (IAM) vulnerabilities including root account use, lax password requirements, and the lack of multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- Check for logging best practices and ensure AWS CloudTrail is enabled across regions
- Verify that log files are validated and encrypted
- Monitor critical account activity like unauthorized API calls and unauthorized access to the management console and root account access
- Drive secure network configurations and limit access to vulnerable ports, enforcing “least access” privileges and checking for the use of flow logging
- Quickly assess your S3 settings for S3 buckets at risk
Speed, Scale, and Integration
Pinpoint exactly how files change — from content and metadata to whether the file was modified or simply appended. Extended information on executables, such as files created without a package installation, command lines used at launch, or currently running processes (with users and network activity).
- Boost intelligence with 5 billion files from ReversingLabs’ library.
- Leverage one-click investigation of events and activities related to FIM signals.
- Drive cloud-wide search with file type summaries and new file detection.
- Operate at cloud scale with unprecedented speed Automate configurations, file discovery, and operations.
- Scale architecture without adding complexity or performance penalties.
- Context-aware recommendations to help prioritize and fix violations
*Included with all Lacework AWS Cloud Security agents
Want to go beyond user and entity activities? Lacework’s lightweight agents collect and send data to Lacework’s backend in the cloud where this data is aggregated, and a baseline of the activity in the cloud environment is created. The automated method of detecting undesired activity in cloud and container workloads provides great benefits over traditional rule writing.
Lacework is fully container-aware and monitors all container activities regardless of the container distribution you rely on (Docker and/or Kubernetes). Any malicious activity in a containerized environment will generate an anomaly at one layer or another – Lacework’s threat detection and behavioral analysis identify anomalous activities across your cloud and containers so issues can be remediated before any damage is done.
What Our Customers Say
- “My argument with InfoSec is always the same. If I take Lacework out, what’s the alternative? There isn’t one.”
- “Lacework Polygraph, within minutes of the attack occurring, was able to detect something that the other ones were not. It outperformed everything we’ve been doing.”
- “I’m extremely happy with Lacework. I sleep better at night knowing we have full visibility into our cloud operations. It was the one tool that checked all my security boxes.”
- “Lacework offers us speed and offers us the ability to focus on what we do in terms of building a great product that’s secure. I would definitely recommend it to other IT professionals or product companies that are building a cloud-based application.”
Brilliant DevOps and Security Minds Usually Have These Questions:
Lacework is a multi-cloud security SaaS platform that provides automated, end-to-end visibility and threat detection for securing AWS. Our approach simplifies configuration and speeds deployment with a faster time to value.
Lacework checks configurations for several different variants of permissions that can risk data exposed, and alerts you if and when we detect any open S3 buckets in AWS.
Yes, Lacework’s cloud security platform performs a series of checks against every AWS security group looking for misconfigurations.
Yes, Lacework supports AWS CloudTrail ingestion. Lacework uses these logs to understand and detect anomalous user behavior in your AWS cloud infrastructure. We can also pre-filter logs prior to importing them to a SIEM saving organizations time and money.
Account security solutions for cloud containers & multicloud
environments via a single unified console