Consolidate Multiple Security Tools
Streamline Your Security Stack and Drive Cost Savings
Strategic merger and acquisition (M&A) is an effective way to grow a business rapidly. However, oftentimes “cyber risk” is not adequately assessed during the due diligence phase. Cybersecurity and cloud security become significant M&A risks.
A data-first, unified cloud security platform shifts that dynamic in two ways. First, it provides deep visibility across different cloud environments and resources. And second, it can quickly deliver cyber risk insights at several critical stages of the M&A process.
Understanding Cyber Security Risks at Every Stage of the M&A Process
Expedite an M&A and reduce longer-term integration and security costs in these ways:
The cloud security platform provides visibility into complex cloud environments through a single, unified interface with minimal setup or endless configuration. The Lacework platform enables companies to demonstrate their security posture and answer audit questions up to 300 times faster than with first-generation cloud security posture management tools.
Lacework helps organizations assess cloud environments by:
- Clearly providing insights into the security posture and existing vulnerabilities across cloud environments, containers, and workloads
- Quickly identifying misconfigurations and other flaws that can allow attackers to breach cloud defenses
- Continuously monitoring technical controls and compliance measures in the cloud
During due diligence, the cloud security platform looks deeply across a target company’s entire cloud infrastructure to identify vulnerabilities and misconfigurations and better understand the environment for purposes of scoping subsequent integration.
Lacework assists organizations by:
- Providing deep visibility into cloud activity, including user and API activity
- Tracking cloud activity over time, including anomalies and suspicious activity
- Vulnerability monitoring helps keep the focus on risks that matter
Post-Acquisition and Integration
When the M&A transaction is complete, the platform’s cloud visibility expedites the process of identifying, integrating, and consolidating technologies, and it manages controls to conform to the buyer’s compliance mandates. This is especially powerful when merging companies with different regional and regulatory compliance requirements.
The Lacework cloud security platform provides companies with:
- A simple to install solution that deploys in hours and provides immediate value and visibility across clouds, containers, and workloads
- The ability to incorporate new clouds in an instant across AWS, GCP, and Azure applying the same visibility and monitoring capabilities right away
- A comprehensive cloud security and compliance platform that helps address misconfigurations, vulnerabilities, and continuous monitoring
Post-Integration and Security Operations
A robust unified cloud security platform improves security management efficiencies and lowers operational investment in several ways. It applies machine learning analytics to all cloud activity, including workloads and containers across the environment, which vastly reduces the amount of data processed by the SIEM. This helps cut tool costs up to 35% through security tool consolidation, reduces false positives, and provides high fidelity alert data that shrinks time spent on investigation and research by up to 90%. It also streamlines compliance reporting through continuous monitoring, continuous configuration compliance, and push-button reports.
- Comprehensive cloud security that effortlessly scales with your cloud as your business grows
- Streamlined compliance through continuous monitoring, continuous configuration compliance, and push-button reports
- Operational efficiencies through high-fidelity, high-efficacy alerts delivered with context
Security That Supports Speed and Continuous Innovation
Lacework is a complete, modern security platform that has been designed specifically to meet the challenges of public cloud environments in both build-time and run-time operations. Our customers take advantage of a security-first model that enables continuous visibility, automation, and the ability to move fast. With Lacework, developers can build securely and ship code quickly to unlock business innovation and growth.
What Our Customers Say
- “[We] got rid of a lot of tools and the need to log into multiple interfaces…forget that mess!!! Hundreds of false positives before are now down to one and two things we need to pay attention to because of Lacework. Tracking down alerts was taking 50 percent of the Engineering / DevOps team’s time to triage and [make] changes. Now they get one to two per day, log on in the morning, check the few alerts and go about their day.”
- “A second set of eyes when it comes to security. With the growth of instances and containers, it is difficult to monitor and review every log or activity. By using Lacework, we’ve been able to use the Lacework AI to net down patterns, violations, and compliance activity all in a single dashboard saving time and resources. More importantly, historical charts and reports are extremely helpful for audits to demonstrate alerting, notification and review.”
- “Lacework Polygraph, within minutes of the attack occurring, was able to detect something that the other ones were not. It outperformed everything we’ve been doing.”
- “I’m extremely happy with Lacework. I sleep better at night knowing we have full visibility into our cloud operations. It was the one tool that checked all my security boxes.”
- “Lacework offers us speed and offers us the ability to focus on what we do in terms of building a great product that’s secure. I would definitely recommend it to other IT professionals or product companies that are building a cloud-based application.”
FAQs About Lacework's Configuration Compliance Solution
Lacework uses best practice checks including CIS benchmarks to evaluate security relevant configurations in Amazon AWS, Google GCP, and Microsoft Azure.
Lacework has mappings to PCI, HIPAA, SOC 2, and NIST 800-53 Rev 4.
Lacework supports continuous monitoring of your configurations in your cloud accounts. As configurations drift from best practices, they are detected and an alert is generated. These alerts can be configured to be sent to many of the common alert tools such as Slack, Splunk, Pagerduty, etc.
Lacework has checks for AWS, Azure, and GCP. Lacework provides a single platform that can can support compliance efforts without the need for deploying multiple tools for each cloud provider.
Lacework performs configuration checks based on industry accepted best practices such as CIS. Lacework will then supply reports listing all resources that are in violation, which support remediation efforts. These reports can then be provided to auditors to act as evidence of meeting compliance requirements.
Account security solutions for cloud containers & multicloud
environments via a single unified console