Cloud Security & Compliance for Financial Services
Lacework protects FinTech companies around the globe
Ensuring Cloud Security for All Financial and FinTech Needs
Whether you facilitate the technology that drives financial and insurance making decisions, or you manage the networks that make branch banking, Capital Markets, or Wholesale Banking possible, cloud platforms are playing an indispensable and growing role in accomplishing your goals.
However, in this heavily regulated, high-tech industry, network complexity and cyberattacks leveled against them are a foregone conclusion. And as multicloud computing and FinTech solutions take a more prominent role within this industry, decision-makers need to better understand how cloud compliance and cloud security concerns are evolving, and what those changes mean to the OCC, FDIC, and the Federal Reserve Bank.
Financial Services Challenges
As famous criminal Willie Sutton once remarked, he robbed banks because that’s where the money is. This is still true today. Only the Willie Suttons of today have, for the most part, traded firearms for attack vectors, algorithms, and phishing attacks aimed at penetrating a bank’s networks, not its vaults.
What factors are helping attacks made against the financial services sector?
- Complexity: The proliferation of different connected networks and devices, all built on a wide spectrum of platforms and proprietary systems act as the ideal attack vector and camouflages against detection.
- Always-on: The advent of online banking and the benefits of big data on global Capital Markets created an environment where banking systems are always working and available for attack.
- Valuable: The dark web makes the abundance of accessible financial data highly attractive targets for attackers.
Exacerbating these challenges, financial organizations can add compliance to the list of complexities that come with a host of legacy systems, and a regulatory need to have a robust End of Life program that fulfills a number of compliance mandates.
Compliance Made Easy
The key to total compliance and stronger security is to manage the logistical and physical security of multiple cloud infrastructure and to implement security protocols that take the full lifecycle of personally identifiable information (PII) into consideration, both on and off-premise.
The core of these IT security protocols contains effective cloud security solutions like Lacework that streamline compliance by continuously tracking configuration changes and providing daily audits to maintain compliance and protection.
Lacework monitors accounts for abnormal activity, even when that activity is technically authorized. We empower IT security and compliance teams with customizable alerts when items change from compliant to non-compliant.
- Lacework checks across the industry-accepted CIS Benchmark for secure configurations of cloud accounts and workloads.
- Lacework includes supplemental checks for common compliance frameworks like PCI-DSS and SOC 2.
- Lacework empowers compliance and security teams with continuous analysis and historical reporting to demonstrate what is being checked, where problems exist, an analysis of each problem encountered, and the steps needed to remediate misconfigurations.
- Lacework’s configuration compliance solution is built to detect behavioral anomalies. So even if configurations meet required standards, unauthorized use or abnormal activity is detected and alerted on. This ensures that organizations are aware of issues that might go undetected by solutions that only identify non-conforming compliance rules.
Innovation at the Speed of DevOps
Leading companies innovate, go to market, and scale quickly with limited resources. These companies ship products at light speed with security at every touchpoint. At Lacework, we empower customers to do this with our cloud security platform. Lacework enables customers with visibility to secure data, networks, and DevOps teams that involve the entire organization and communicates vulnerabilities as soon as they are detected.
Lacework Polygraph™ exceeds security and compliance requirements by empowering IT security teams with security content that drives visibility into host workload, container, and Kubernetes platforms as well.
Lacework was built from the ground up for detecting and observing security threats in the cloud, including serverless, containers, and Kubernetes workloads, and streamlines security tasks for software teams building on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Learn how FinTech innovator Marqeta is building fast and securely in the cloud
Marqeta is a leader in modern card issuing and payment solutions for businesses, providing a platform for building highly configurable solutions that support both physical and virtual payment cards. To support its growth and customers who needed fast time to market, Marqeta was challenged with creating a faster more agile DevOps process to improve process visibility while moving to a containerized microservices architecture.
Always-On Cloud IT Security
One of the most important gaps within financial systems comes from the need for holistic real-time monitoring of all activity. Lacework not only constantly monitors networks for anomalies, but our foundation, Polygraph, delivers a deep temporal baseline built from collecting high-fidelity machine/process/user interactions over a period of time.
The Polygraph is used to detect anomalies, generate appropriate alerts, and provides a tool for users to investigate and triage issues including:
- Activity on all cloud platform resources, such as new activity in a region, activation of new services, or changes to access control lists.
- Changes to users, roles, or access policies.
- Tampering attempts aimed at compromising customer master keys.
By understanding the natural hierarchies of processes, containers, pods, and machines, Polygraph is able to dynamically develop a behavioral and communication model of your services and infrastructure that aggregates all data points to develop behavioral models.
Our behavioral model is the essence of how your infrastructure operates, and Polygraph leverages this to find activities that fall outside the model. In addition, Polygraph continually updates its models of your infrastructure as your data center behavior changes. Finally, Polygraph is able to use the model of your organization to spot IaaS account configurations that violate compliance and security best practices.
Download our solution brief to learn about how Lacework helps you ensure customer safety and industry compliance by delivering deep visibility for configurations across all your enterprise’s cloud accounts and workloads.
What Our Customers Say
- “My argument with InfoSec is always the same. If I take Lacework out, what’s the alternative? There isn’t one.”
- “Lacework Polygraph, within minutes of the attack occurring, was able to detect something that the other ones were not. It outperformed everything we’ve been doing.”
- “I’m extremely happy with Lacework. I sleep better at night knowing we have full visibility into our cloud operations. It was the one tool that checked all my security boxes.”
- “Lacework offers us speed and offers us the ability to focus on what we do in terms of building a great product that’s secure. I would definitely recommend it to other IT professionals or product companies that are building a cloud-based application.”
Account security solutions for cloud containers & multicloud
environments via a single unified console