DevFriendly Security Solution that Helps Engineers Carry-On
Fix what's broken with data-driven vulnerabilities lists and comprehensive threat detection for your Kubernetes dashboards, pods, management nodes, and clusters
Data-Driven Threat Detection, Compliance, & Cloud Security Monitoring at the Speed of DevOps
For enterprises to achieve fast, safe deployments, they need early, automated and continuous discovery of vulnerabilities in both application and infrastructure code. Lacework is a threat detection, compliance, and automated cloud security monitoring platform. Lacework automatically identifies and resolves anomalous changes and discovers cloud compliance issues. Its embedded security enables continuous security, automation, and fast build. Using Lacework, DevSecOps teams gain deep visibility into security issues and increase development speed.
Lacework features include:
- Complete security and configuration support for workloads and accounts running in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Deep visibility and alerts across cloud accounts, workloads, containers, and Kubernetes
- One-click investigation of events
- Polygraph-created visual and searchable temporal baseline monitoring entire infrastructure
Get Application, Visibility, Threat Detection, and Forensics for Kubernetes
Lacework’s Kubernetes security solution provides comprehensive threat detection for dashboards, pods, management nodes, and clusters, in addition to end-to-end security for their public cloud infrastructure workloads, accounts, and containers.
With the rapid adoption of Kubernetes for application and infrastructure orchestration, there’s a corresponding increase in the risk associated with data exposure and vulnerabilities throughout the application lifecycle. Without proper detection of threats, organizations could unwittingly be granting unauthorized access to Kubernetes clusters, applications, and customer data. Lacework’s Kubernetes security platform identifies the risks and threats for Kubernetes-deployed infrastructures, including publicly exposed and unsecured API servers and management consoles.
Lacework was among the first cloud security vendors to highlight the need for rigorous container security. The company’s original research was published earlier this year in a report titled, Containers at Risk: A Review of 21,000 Cloud Environments.
Lacework provides deep visibility into your Kubernetes deployment. This includes high-level dashboards of your clusters, pods, nodes, and namespaces combined with application-level communication between all of these at the application, process, and network layer.
Threat Detection for Kubernetes
Backed by the power of Lacework’s Polygraph technology, this security solution for Kubernetes includes detection of both risks and threats that may be specifically designed to breach a vulnerability within Kubernetes, a possible miss-configuration, or a threat that can affect your infrastructure by installing malicious code onto one of your containers. The Lacework Polygraph is designed to detect both known and unknown threats that affect Kubernetes environments through the detection of IOC’s and Lacework’s behavioral analysis and machine learning classification.
Risks and threats are visible within the Lacework dashboard, are ranked by risk severity, and can be delivered through the most common modern methods such as a Slack channel or a Jira ticket.
Forensics for Kubernetes
Whether you are triaging an alert or digging into deep details around the cause and effect of a change, Lacework’s security platform for Kubernetes has all the information. Our SaaS service allows you to go back in time and look at all related events across your Kubernetes infrastructure that may have caused a breach or exposed you to an unknown risk.
Detailed information about your containers, your applications, and your infrastructure are all available and include information related to Kubernetes such as; pods, nodes, labels, namespaces, and all network information. All this information is available both within the UI and from our API.
Lastly, Lacework’s Kubernetes security solution creates hourly Polygraphs which can demonstrate the change of relationships and events over time. This is a critical tool for understanding and triaging your events.
Lacework Provides Security at the Speed of DevOps with Technical Integrations
DevOps bridges the gap between development, operations, and IT services teams with an eye towards maximum velocity and efficiency. Lacework is committed to providing easy access to tools that help DevOps implement the right DevOps process at the right time. Continuous integration, delivery, and continuous deployment help developers and testers ship the software faster and more safely in a structured environment.
In addition to delivering alerts with just-in-time notifications integrated into existing workflows, Lacework is proud to highlight these technical integrations to help empower teams to operate at the speed of DevOps:
Guidebook wanted an AWS security platform that would protect sensitive information. Using Lacework, Guidebook gained a clear and complete picture of security operations across all AWS implementation and was able to identify vulnerabilities otherwise undiscoverable. Guidebook’s DevOps and Engineering teams now use Lacework to troubleshoot issues and gain operational insights.
“I’m extremely happy with Lacework. I sleep better at night, knowing we have full visibility into our cloud operations. It was the tool that checked all my security boxes”. Devin Ertel, Director of Security and Information Technology, Guidebook
What Our Customers Say
- “[We] got rid of a lot of tools and the need to log into multiple interfaces…forget that mess!!! Hundreds of false positives before are now down to one and two things we need to pay attention to because of Lacework. Tracking down alerts was taking 50 percent of the Engineering / DevOps team’s time to triage and [make] changes. Now they get one to two per day, log on in the morning, check the few alerts and go about their day.”
- “A second set of eyes when it comes to security. With the growth of instances and containers, it is difficult to monitor and review every log or activity. By using Lacework, we’ve been able to use the Lacework AI to net down patterns, violations, and compliance activity all in a single dashboard saving time and resources. More importantly, historical charts and reports are extremely helpful for audits to demonstrate alerting, notification and review.”
- “Lacework Polygraph, within minutes of the attack occurring, was able to detect something that the other ones were not. It outperformed everything we’ve been doing.”
- “I’m extremely happy with Lacework. I sleep better at night knowing we have full visibility into our cloud operations. It was the one tool that checked all my security boxes.”
- “Lacework offers us speed and offers us the ability to focus on what we do in terms of building a great product that’s secure. I would definitely recommend it to other IT professionals or product companies that are building a cloud-based application.”
FAQs About Lacework's Kubernetes Security Solution
Lacework’s Kubernetes security solution allows you to go back in time and look at all related events across your Kubernetes infrastructure that may have caused a breach or exposed you to an unknown risk.
Account security solutions for cloud containers & multicloud
environments via a single unified console