Audit and Cloud Configuration Compliance for Multicloud Environments Made Easy
Audit all of your cloud platform configurations and activity in one place as you confidently address your risks by improving your security and compliance posture.
Visibility and Analysis for Compliance in Multicloud Environments
Complexity is an enemy of security; a unified view is essential to simplify the complexity of having multiple configurations. Lacework does this across AWS, GCP, and Azure by bringing multiple clouds into one portal. This means no logging into different disparate tools to evaluate your stance. It is a single pane of glass to audit all of your cloud platform configurations. As configurations change, Lacework will monitor and alert any time a configuration goes out of compliance. This ensures that security and compliance teams immediately become aware of issues so they can be fixed before data and cloud resources are compromised.
Lacework delivers deep visibility for configurations across all of an enterprise’s cloud accounts and workloads so organizations can ensure compliance with industry, governmental, and institutional standards. Operating on multiple cloud platforms can increase the threat vector of the overall infrastructure and add complexity to an already challenging task. Lacework operates as a comprehensive, centralized solution to identify, analyze, and alert on configuration issues.
Identify Configuration Issues
- Find Identity and Access Management (IAM) vulnerabilities, including root account, password requirements, and usage of MFA.
- Check for logging best practices enable log files across regions, and enable that log files are validated and encrypted.
- Monitor critical account activity such as unauthorized API calls and use of the management console for unauthorized purposes.
- Confirm secure network configurations, including limiting access to vulnerable ports, enforcing “least access” privileges, and checking for the use of flow logging.
Track Configuration Changes Continuously
- Daily re-audit to maintain compliance and protection.
- Monitor account activity for abnormal activity, even when that activity is technical authorized.
- Receive customizable alerts when items change from compliant to non-compliant.
Ongoing Monitoring of Activity
- Detection and alerting of activity on all cloud platform resources, such as new activity in a region, activation of new services, or changes to access control lists.
- Changes to users, roles, or access policies.
- Access or customer master key tampering.
- Reduce alert fatigue with customizable alerts and reports that eliminate repetitive or irrelevant results.
Configuration Compliance Management
Lacework checks across the industry-accepted CIS Benchmark for secure configurations for cloud accounts and workloads. Additionally, Lacework includes supplemental checks for common compliance frameworks like PCI-DSS, SOC 2, HIPAA, and others. Using Lacework, compliance and security teams have continuous analysis and historical reporting available so they can understand what is being checked, where problems exist, an analysis of the problem, and the steps needed to remediate the misconfiguration. The product supplies links directly to the resources in question to reduce the time to remediate. The Lacework configuration compliance solution is built to detect behavioral anomalies, so even if configurations meet required standards, unauthorized use or abnormal activity is detected and alerted on. This ensures that organizations are aware of issues that might go undetected by solutions that only identify non-conforming compliance rules.
Simplify Audit Preparation and Evidence Collection
Lacework gives customers a way to simplify audit preparation and evidence gathering to make it easy for organizations to demonstrate compliance with various regulations and standards including-DSS, SOC 2, HIPAA, and others. Using Lacework, compliance and security teams have continuous analysis and historical reporting available so they can understand what is being checked, where problems exist, an analysis of the problem, and the steps needed to remediate the misconfiguration. The product supplies links directly to the resources in question to reduce the time to remediate. Daily re-audits of your entire cloud infrastructure including users, applications, containers, and workloads make it easy to pinpoint changes that impact your compliance posture. The Lacework configuration compliance solution is built to detect behavioral anomalies, so even if configurations meet required standards, unauthorized use or abnormal activity is detected and alerted on. This ensures that organizations are aware of issues that might go undetected by solutions that only identify non-conforming compliance rules.
The Power of Polygraph for Configuration Compliance
Lacework’s foundation is Polygraph, a deep temporal baseline built from collecting high fidelity machine/process/users interactions over a period of time. The Polygraph is used to detect anomalies, generate appropriate alerts, and provide a tool for users to investigate and triage issues.
Fundamentally, Lacework’s Polygraph technology dynamically develops a behavioral and communication model of your services and infrastructure. The model understands natural hierarchies (processes, containers, pods, machines, etc.) and aggregates them to develop behavioral models. A behavioral model is, in some sense, the essence of how a customer’s infrastructure operates. With this model, Polygraph monitors your infrastructure for activities that fall outside the model. In addition, the Polygraph continually updates its models as your data center behavior changes.
Spot IaaS account configurations that violate compliance & security best practices the could put your company at risk with Lacework’s comprehensive configuration compliance monitoring tools for enterprise DevOps teams.
What Our Customers Say
- “[We] got rid of a lot of tools and the need to log into multiple interfaces…forget that mess!!! Hundreds of false positives before are now down to one and two things we need to pay attention to because of Lacework. Tracking down alerts was taking 50 percent of the Engineering / DevOps team’s time to triage and [make] changes. Now they get one to two per day, log on in the morning, check the few alerts and go about their day.”
- “A second set of eyes when it comes to security. With the growth of instances and containers, it is difficult to monitor and review every log or activity. By using Lacework, we’ve been able to use the Lacework AI to net down patterns, violations, and compliance activity all in a single dashboard saving time and resources. More importantly, historical charts and reports are extremely helpful for audits to demonstrate alerting, notification and review.”
- “Lacework Polygraph, within minutes of the attack occurring, was able to detect something that the other ones were not. It outperformed everything we’ve been doing.”
- “I’m extremely happy with Lacework. I sleep better at night knowing we have full visibility into our cloud operations. It was the one tool that checked all my security boxes.”
- “Lacework offers us speed and offers us the ability to focus on what we do in terms of building a great product that’s secure. I would definitely recommend it to other IT professionals or product companies that are building a cloud-based application.”
FAQs About Lacework's Configuration Compliance Solution
Lacework uses best practice checks including CIS benchmarks to evaluate security relevant configurations in Amazon AWS, Google GCP, and Microsoft Azure.
Lacework has mappings to PCI, HIPAA, SOC 2, and NIST 800-54 Rev 4.
Lacework supports continuous monitoring of your configurations in your cloud accounts. As configurations drift from best practices, they are detected and an alert is generated. These alerts can be configured to be sent to many of the common alert tools such as Slack, Splunk, Pagerduty, etc.
Lacework has checks for AWS, Azure, and GCP. Lacework provides a single platform that can can support compliance efforts without the need for deploying multiple tools for each cloud provider.
Lacework performs configuration checks based on industry accepted best practices such as CIS. Lacework will then supply reports listing all resources that are in violation, which support remediation efforts. These reports can then be provided to auditors to act as evidence of meeting compliance requirements.
Account security solutions for cloud containers & multicloud
environments via a single unified console